Saturday, March 17, 2012

Decisions Decisions

Ok so. I have changed my future career about hmmmm..... I'd say like a million times. I went from pastry chef to fashion journalist to pastry chef to wedding planner to a bunch of other things and now I've set my sights on becoming a baker. Now the problem is telling my parents. What I was thinking was I could get my learners permit (which is something my mom has been nagging me about for a while now) and then when all is well I will tell her. Now I have to focus on choosing a culinary school. Johnson and Wales is my first choice so I have to know how to get into that school. After that I will be good to go. I wanted to take cooking but it was all filled up last year so, that sucked. Well there's nothing I can do about it. I just gotta focus on what's important. School and College searching. I like Culinary Institute of America but you have to pay for each semester which is so expensive -_-   Anyways I am going to do some more research on schools and what not. I also have to behave like a saint so that when I tell my parents, mainly my mom, she won't think I'm a failure at life or that I'm giving up on doing something challenging. Like honestly it has nothing do with my career choice being challenging, its about whether I love what I do or not and honestly, baking.... I love it. I recently was just baking some red velvet cupcakes with my younger sister and I made homemade icing and boy was that fun. I said to my dad that I forgot how fun baking was. Was I pressured into believing I wanted to be a doctor of some sort? Was it the money they earn? I think I was doing it for the money, which is horrible. I have come to a final realization about life in the aspect of careers: I have to stop thinking about the big bucks because in the end will it all have been worth while? I'd rather do something I love with okay pay than be doing work that I don't prefer with awesome pay. If you do something you love the money will come. Should I be scared of confronting my parents? Hmm.. I don't know if I should be but I am. So many damn times I've told them that I know what I want to be but what I never realized was that I should have been telling them that I have tons of options to choose from. Options... Why so many?! I think my number one option was always being a pastry chef. I always had the magnetic pull towards it. I guess I just wanted my parents to be proud that they had a daughter that wanted to be a doctor. Oh and my aunt... oh she was so happy! And now I feel so bad because she thinks I want to be a doctor but now I don't. I think If I want to be a baker I should just say I'm going to be one and stick with my decision once and for all because I'm starting to get tired of switching careers all the time.But do you know why I switch so much? Because I want to be absolutely sure that I'm choosing the right profession. I don't want to end up with some job I hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment